Senior Design Engineer - Solidworks, BS8888, Electro-mechanical, Medic
Senior Design Engineer - Solidworks, BS8888, Electro-mechanical, Medical,
Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5 Years' industrial experience in a design role in a consultancy or engineering environment:
- Strong competence in designing electromechanical assemblies in Solid Works
- Experience of designing to current methods of manufacture of small-scale metal and plastic components.
- Detailing to BS 8888 and geometrical tolerancing.
- Demonstrable structured problem-solving skills (8D, Kaizen, 6 Sigma, Kepner Tregoe etc.)
- Capability in Finite elemental analysis (FEA) to drive design preferred
- Working knowledge of risk reduction techniques (eg DFMEA, fault tree analysis).
- Experience of structured product development within a controlled development environment (medical, aerospace etc.) - ideally to ISO 13485 Medical Device Development and ISO 14971 Risk Management requirements
- Experience of implementing formal change control with drawing and BoM revision.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally or via concise written documentation.