Java Software Engineer
My client based in Central Sheffield are currently recruiting for a mid level Java Software Engineer.
- The successful mid level Java Software Engineer will have excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate skilful application of the following core competencies:
- Performance bias - takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach
- Strong decision making - effective in analysing situations and clarifying key issues
- Strong interest in new technology - makes appropriate use of technology to deliver an optimal business solution. Good awareness of the modern technology landscape.
- Partnership and teamwork - actively engages and respects the diverse contributions of team, partners or networks.
- Self-starter - excellent communication skills, proactive with good prioritisation and work management skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and a can-do' attitude
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree or significant industry experience
As the mid level Java Software Engineer you must have the following technical experience:
- Commercial experience of software development using Java
- Strong Object Oriented skills
- Good database knowledge of SQL or NoSQL
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computing, eg logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack, etc.
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and Scripting
- Use of source code version control using tools such as Git, Subversion or Mercurial
- Automated testing including unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- The individual should be delivery focussed and flexible in the work undertaken, they should be willing to learn new technologies and languages.
- They should have the ability to work in varying sizes of project team as well as on occasion individually. They should be comfortable in presenting their ideas to peers, management and clients.
Please apply immediately to be considered.