Senior QA Engineer - Automation/UI/Trading - Outside of IR35
QA Specialist (Test Automation)
This role has been assessed as outside of IR35 by IR35 Shield.
We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, a passion for learning, and we want people who care deeply about their work. We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence. We don't get how combative, and political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork. We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team.
We are Adaptive, where you'll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, Real Time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
Adaptive is looking for a QA specialist with experience in testing single-page web applications to join the development of a multi-asset broker platform. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will use your knowledge to create, retain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with DEV/BA/UX as well as the server team. You will use your experience with test automation to enhance the project's test strategy and build a robust test automation solution in collaboration with DEV and DEVOPS.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Follow and suggest improvements to the quality assurance process
- Work with Dev and Devops team to create a test automation solution
- Work with other QAs and DEV team to get maximum test coverage
- Deliver work to agreed milestones
- significant experience in QA role
- experience with test automation
- ability to derive test cases from Functional/Technical designs
- knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands the QA role in it
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- experience testing applications for Financial institutions (investment banks, brokers, exchanges)
- experience with automated testing of web applications
- experience with testing of mobile test applications
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- experience of working with distributed teams
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
The small print:
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo a background check.
No agencies. If you send unsolicited applications to us, we'll work out who the candidates are and contact them directly.