Software Engineering Lead - Mobile Development - Cardiff
Software Engineering Lead required in Mobile development. Based in Cardiff with a remote start upto 65k
An FTSE100 organisation based in Cardiff who deliver exceptional solutions to a range of clients globally are currently expanding and looking to hire new permanent staff. They possess competitive products that are continuously maturing and progressing and are heavily focusing on sourcing the best talent to ensure this can be achieved. This company specialise in solutions to enable organisations to manage risks such as identify theft, fraud and money laundering.
This organisation are starting a new project so that customers will be able to access their services through mobile websites and applications. You will be leading on development and delivery of features across the full stack including use of mobile platforms, cloud services, modern PHP frameworks and Front End frameworks. As a Software Engineering lead in mobile development we require strong technology experience with excellent leadership skills.
The focus will be on quickly establishing and nurturing a new team as they launch development delivering exciting new features, with opportunity to contribute technical expertise and to step in and get hands-on. You will be responsible for leading a development team and working closely with the product owner to ensure that the teams remain closely synchronised and upcoming features are well prepared for.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to possess the following:
- Previous proven leadership experience
- Focus on continual improvement
- Experience in working with PHP or be open to working with this
- Previous experience or knowledge in mobile development
- Experience in AWS or cloud technologies
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and application of this to create scalable solutions
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or similar.
- Extensive development skills, including experience creating mobile applications, SDKs and APIs
- Experience in Kanban or Scrum (or in lieu of this, clear understanding of the methodologies and enthusiasm to lead and be part of such a team)
- Good understanding of modern development Build, Test and Deployment pipelines
- An interest in modern software development, including Docker (or similar concepts) and Continuous Delivery
(If you do not possess all of the above attributes but are still interested in this role please feel free to get in touch)
In addition to working for a well known global company you will also receive the below.
- Up to ??65000 per annum
- Eligible for a 10% annual bonus.
- 25 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Medical insurance
- Option to purchase additional holidays
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share scheme
- Charity days
- Access to online training platforms with your own license.
I will be shortlisting for this position within the next two weeks so please get in touch ASAP. If you are interested in this role please click apply now or send an up to date copy of your CV along with a covering email. We do also offer a ??500 referral bonus, so if you know of anybody who would be suitable for a mobile development, .NET or PHP role please get in touch.