Senior Software Engineer (Flexible remote working)
Flatirons Solutions is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer with experience building simple and elegant software solutions to join our Aerospace Solutions team! Join us as we apply world-class software engineering practices to solve complex Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) problems in some of the most interesting problem spaces in industry today. Aerospace experience is preferred.
Our solutions are used in a wide range of functions within organizations in the aerospace and aviation industry, including technical engineering change order management, documentation authoring and publishing, flight operations manuals, data archiving, and other workflow, documentation and maintenance products.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer:
- You will design and develop Flatirons software components for our aviation & defense customers, with a strong emphasis on code quality, performance, error handling, commenting and validation.
- You will apply continuous-integration and continuous-delivery (CI/CD) principles in your approach to software development.
- You will understand the solutions you are working on and prepare the user stories and necessary test scenarios with a strong eye on quality.
- You will closely collaborate with the Technical Lead and the Project Manager to ensure on-time & high-quality software releases.
- You will follow our best practices and communicate issues quickly so that the project goals can be met.
- You will mentor other software engineers on coding standards, estimation, and lead the way to keeping a high standard around methodology and standards, delivery times and documentation.
What we are looking for:
- You are self-motivated and willing to explore, learn & work on multiple technologies.
- You have strong analytical skills and can easily comprehend complex IT solutions.
- You are a problem solver with the proven ability to apply past lessons-learned to new challenges.
- You have strong hands-on experience with:
- XML technologies: XPath, XQuery, XSL
- One or more Aerospace-related structured content formats:
- Flight Operations Manuals
- ATA iSpec 2200
- You have consulting experience.
- Experience with as many of the following is a plus:
- Arbortext and/or XMetaL XML Editors
- SAFe Agile development methodology
- Spring/Spring Boot
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 7 years in the full development cycle, from requirements analysis through operations and maintenance.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Ability to work independently or with customers, triage issues and prioritize tasks
An exciting job in a global atmosphere working with state-of-the-art technology, talented, dedicated and experienced colleagues and world-class, technology-driven customers. Flatirons is the type of organization where you will be able to have a significant impact in a growing marketplace, make yourself heard and contribute to our overall success. We offer you competitive salary and benefits, as well as a high degree of independence and flexibility, including the potential to work from home from time to time.
Candidates must be UK nationals due to export control requirements.
Applications from candidates who are immediately available, or who have short notice periods are welcomed.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!