Central Belt or Aberdeenshire
cGBP45,000 + car + benefits
Full time, permanent
:: Would you describe your knowledge of timber frame as advanced?
:: Are you looking to take this knowledge and use it to take timber frame to the next level?
:: Are you looking to join a company where your ideas aren't just listened to but actively encouraged?
:: Do you believe in sustainability?
Technical Manager required for a company who place the customer's needs as paramount, whilst maintaining a drive for providing cost-effective solutions. They are providing a highly sustainable system and they need someone who will be able to look at the complete system rather than a series of component parts.
The responsibilities of your role will be to:
- Be involved in the design and development phase of projects
- Maintain compliance: technical, quality, warranty etc throughout the business
- Work with your Sales and Estimating colleagues to provide the best solution for the client, whilst maintaining the drive for a cost-effective solution
- Support the design and technical team for detailing and audits
- Provide authorisation for any detailing that goes beyond the standard designs
- Give your advice to your colleagues and clients for technical issues
- Be involved in the development of products and services covering compliance, sustainability and new product development
You will need to be able to:
- Prove your knowledge of timber frame building as an overall system solution
- Look at technical information at building level rather than a collection of components/products
- Demonstrate your ability to take into consideration both customer requirements and the system options on offer - having a commercial awareness to complement your technical experience
- Show your proactive and adaptable approach
Knowledge and technical requirements:
- You are likely to be working as a Senior Designer/Manager or Site Installation Manager for a timber frame manufacturer, or be an Architectural Technician / Technologist who has extensive experience in delivering timber frame projects.
- Ideally you will have a qualification in energy assessment / Section 6 but training can be provided.
As Technical Manager you will be working with some great timber frame technology where customer satisfaction is a key driver, together with sustainability and cost-effective solutions. You will be part of a large Group that encompasses many well-known brands, and provides some excellent benefits to complement your salary. This role can be based either in Central Belt or Aberdeenshire as there will be travel to both locations. Please note however, this is an office-based position.
We are looking for candidates to join as soon as possible - interviews will be held initially by TEAMS then subsequent face to face meetings. Please apply today or call Sue Eustace to find out more...... click apply for full job details