Supported Housing Worker
3 days left
- Full Time
Supported Housing Worker -
MATERNITY Cover vacancy
32 Hours per week
£19,868 Pro Rata (FTE £22,973) per annum.
The Roberts Centre charity has a reputation for developing innovative effective services to support vulnerable people, families and children who are struggling to improve their difficult circumstances whether from homelessness, debt, tenancy issues or family breakdown in Hampshire,
The Supported Housing Service adopts a client centred approach in offering practical advice and support to vulnerable families in areas which may affect their tenancies.
We are looking for a Supported Housing Worker to cover during the Maternity leave of the current post holder.
You will need:
- To have a desire to support families to make positive changes
- To have a passion for learning and be keen to develop your knowledge and skills
- To have excellent communication skills and experience of working with vulnerable families and individuals. The support provided will enable clients to develop the skills necessary to manage and maintain a stable tenancy.
- To have a tactful and diplomatic approach and the ability to inspire trust from clients and staff. A good team player, you will manage your own workload and be flexible in your approach to work, as there may be some occasional requirement to work evenings and weekends.
- You will facilitate the resettlement of families, into their new homes and work creatively with the client group to develop action plans and provide support in the areas of; money management, parenting and neighbourly relations.
- You must have knowledge of the welfare benefits system and an understanding of homelessness and the way it might affect families.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding Children and Adults, promotion of their wellbeing and multi-agency working.
- You will be an integral part of the Supported Housing team who shares our values and who has the passion to help us to improve the lives of Children and Families.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Disclosure expenses will be met by the Roberts Centre.
Application packs are available by telephoning Lin Kitchener,
HR Manager on 02392 296919 or emailing email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CVs
Closing date: Monday 30th November
Apply for Supported Housing Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly