Class 2 Driver
Class 2 Driver
Location: Mansfield / Chesterfield
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Class 2 Driver required in Mansfield Chesterfield - to cover South, London and wider UK
Salary & Benefits:Rate of pay £11.00 per hour plus time and a half Saturday, double time Sunday plus great benefits including annual bonus, dedicated vehicle, company GPS & Smartphone, Workwear and approved ongoing training to develop your career.
Full Time – Monday to Friday, occasional Saturday or Sunday. (Mainly sociable hours - if a night out is needed a good standard of hotel e.g, travelodge is arranged (if not a sleeper cab-only services are used) and expenses are provided.
Do you hold a Class 2 Driving Licence, have experience driving 12 tonne, 18 tonne vehicles or above, and are you looking for more sociable hours?
Rowland Transport is a family business that has been established for over 25 years and has built a great reputation nationally providing an excellent quality haulage service. They are a FORS Silver accredited
company that invest in and reward their staff, and now seek experienced and professional Class 2 drivers to join their existing team where you will cover the Midlands, South and London areas, as well as the wider UK where required.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to stay within a driving role but with better sociable working hours and excellent working conditions.
Key Responsibilities to include:-
- Safe & timely delivery of finished goods and raw materials
- Driving own dedicated vehicle, keeping vehicle well presented
- Daily vehicle inspections/reporting, securing loads and assessing risks
- Plan routes using GPS, use apps & meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles/km spent driving & fuel use
- Undergo regular approved training, on-site training/e-learning
The successful candidate for the Class 2 driver's opportunities must be a reliable, punctual and self-motivated person who has good communication skills and common sense. You must have a Class 2 licence and have experience driving 12tonne vehicles or above, and will also need to hold a valid DCPC card.
Candidates may need to be within reasonable commute to Mansfield/Chesterfield area.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred:
- Must have a Class 2 licence and hold a valid DCPC
- Experience driving 12 tonne vehicles or above essential
- Must be able to accurately document and log work/rest periods and miles/km spent driving & use by completing and filling in simple spreadsheets
- Good understanding/knowledge of EU/UK Driving regulations essential
- Should be Reliable, punctual and self-motivated person
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply button now!