School Office Administrator
- Full Time
The School Office Administrator is part of the School Office team and reports to the School Office Manager.
This is a full time, year round post. The working day is 8.00am - 4.00pm, with a 30 minute unpaid lunch-break.
Start date – 4th January 2021
- Type, proof-read and format letters and correspondence ready for distribution, following school branding and style guidelines.
- Enter data into the school database and MIS (iSAMS) and follow up any missing information as required.
- Assist the reception team by answering overflow telephone calls and greeting visitors, and provide cover for Main Reception if required.
- Manage school post requirements.
- Assist with key events in the school calendar, such as prizegiving.
- Hold a supply of stationery, report cards and other school forms and documents for use by teaching staff.
- Assist departments such as Outdoor Education, Development, Partnerships and trips through offering administrative support as directed, including providing secretarial support
- Support the pupil file process
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and work with discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Administrative experience, ideally within an education, legal or professional services environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, along with a discreet outlook
- The ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, databases and management information systems and Google’s cloud-based G suite products.
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection matters including the GDPR
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A good telephone manner and the ability to deal with callers in a calm and courteous way
- A willingness to undertake all training required by the school including safeguarding training
The annual salary for this full time post will be £22,870 and the annual leave allowance of 25 days per annum will increase by one day per year to a maximum of 30 days per annum.
The school provides a two course lunch during term times.
The school will auto-enrol eligible support staff into the NEST pension scheme and also offers an alternative pension scheme with Scottish Widows whereby if the employee contributes 6.5% of salary the school will contribute 8.5%. We also have a non-contributory death-in-service policy.
The school is an approved operator of the ‘salary sacrifice’ Cycle to Work Scheme. All staff have free use of the school’s Sports facilities which include a well-equipped Fitness Centre.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th November and interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 4th December 2020.
Interviews scheduled for 4th December will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.