Executive Assistant – Full Time
To start upon completion of mandatory checks including but not limited to enhanced DBS and barred list checks
LOCATION: Bedford, Bedfordshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £25,481 - £28,672 gross per annum
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week – Working times to be confirmed.
THE COMPANY: Advantage Schools is a Multi-Academy Trust currently incorporating a primary school in Elstow and a secondary school in Bedford serving the community of Bedford, Elstow and the surrounding area and is anticipating growth.
THE ROLE: They are recruiting for an Executive Assistant to work across the Trust sites as required with initially the primary base of operations being at Bedford Free School.
You will be supporting the Executive Team (ET) as directed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Be responsible for ensuring high levels of efficiency and organisation in administration, resulting in the smooth running of the ET, thus enabling improved performance of each member and the team as a whole
- Oversee and carry out project work as directed
- Ensure excellent administration of the ET and its functions
Key Responsibilities of an Executive Assistant to include:-
- Support the CEO and other ET members by providing a high standard of personal executive level assistance to meet the needs of the Trust, meeting and event management, hospitality and travel.
- Support the ET members as required with meeting logistics: issuing invitations; drafting agendas; taking minutes; circulating papers; ensuring fulfilment of actions as required.
- Work closely with and provide proactive support to the ET including administrative support, travel arrangements, processing expenses, greeting visitors and ensuring the consistent application of all policies and procedures.
- Undertake a range of Governance duties, including, but not limited to, liaison with Trustees and Governors, Principals of schools, making amendments to Directors details with Companies House and Get Information About Schools.
- Conduct diary and event management with clear attention to detail.
- Manage and complete specific project work related to the running and growth of the Trust as identified by the ET, working with ET members as appropriate.
- Manage Trust files and filing (both electronic and hard copy) including archiving or disposal of documents when appropriate.
- Conserve ET time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Gather information from briefings, meetings or equivalent (e.g. recordings) for dissemination and debrief to ET members as required.
- Maintain the ET’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represent the ET by attending meetings in the absence of the ET when required.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintain staff confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analysing information. Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Prepare presentations, including potential scripts and (e.g.) PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Maintain ET documentation including but not limited to growth planning, records of contact, overview of marketing.
- Provide support to the Human Resources team at Advantage Schools as required.
Please note this list is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to carry out any additional tasks as requested.
THE CANDIDATE: The candidate will ideally have previous experience within the Education / Academy sector or another similar administrative role. Our client is looking for a positive attitude, an eye for detail, excellent organisational / people skills, flexibility and reliability for this position. You will have a strong and proven work ethic, with a ‘can do’ approach to the working day. The successful Executive Assistant will have first class communications skills and be able to interact effectively with other stakeholders / third parties as directed by the Executive Team. Project management, human resources and event management experience is also desirable.
Our client is looking for a driven individual who is willing to go the extra mile.
Key experience for the role of Executive Assistant
- Recent and effective experience as a personal assistant or equivalent at senior management level
- Experience of working / negotiating with challenging third parties
- Evidence of high performance in previous roles / jobs
- Experience of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Evidence of understanding how to promote equality and diversity within the job role
- Experience of working constructively to achieve team objectives and deadlines
- Confident IT user & knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience of accurate minute taking
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Executive Assistant position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
The closing date for this position is 09:00 Monday 7th December 2020 with interview scheduled for week commencing 7th December 2020.
Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Salary: £25,481 - £28,672 gross per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time 37 hours per week