JOB TITLE: Part time, term time only, Facilities Assistant – To start upon completion of mandatory checks included but not limited to enhanced DBS and barred list check
LOCATION: Bedford, Bedfordshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,933 - £22,183 per annum pro rata (0.4805 FTE)
WORKING HOURS: Hours of work may vary but initially 14.30 to 18.30.
THE COMPANY: Our client is a Multi-Academy Trust incorporating a primary school in Elstow and a secondary school in Bedford serving the community of Bedford, Elstow and the surrounding area.
THE ROLE: They are recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to work across the Trust sites as required, spending time at Bedford Free School and at Elstow School however the primary base of operations will initially be Bedford Free School.
You will assist other members of the Facilities team, support the Facilities Manager, ensuring the security of the premises and dealing with portering, cleaning, health and safety, driving (D1 preferred), grounds and building maintenance and associated tasks.
Key Responsibilities of a Facilities Assistant to include:-
- Responsible for the security of the building
- Portering between departments and actioning facilities requests
- To drive school vehicles as required (including minibus trips for students), abiding by the Schools insurance and registration requirements for use.
- To clean the school washroom facilities as required.
- To keep all hard landscaped areas, paths, playgrounds within the premises boundaries free from litter and the school grounds free from graffiti
- To carry out minor building repairs and works where required
- To adhere to all health and safety requirements
- To complete identified PPM and assist with issues raised by staff, both of which may include working at height
- To use the Trust facilities management software and keep accurate records
- Any other tasks appropriate to the role
Please note this list is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to carry out any additional tasks as requested.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience within a facilities or other similar operational role i.e Caretaker / Maintenance Person / Site Supervisor position although full training can be given. Previous experience is not essential in this instance; our client is looking more at attitude, flexibility and reliability for this position. You will have a strong and proven work ethic with a ‘can do’ approach to the working day. The successful Facilities Assistant will have excellent communications skills who can liaise with other members of staff, parents and other local organisations.
We are looking for a friendly team player who is willing to go the extra mile.
Key experience for the role of Facilities Assistant based in Bedford and Elstow, Bedfordshire
- Will live within a commutable distance of the Bedford and Elstow area
- You ideally hold a Full UK driving licence
- A D1 entitlement to drive a Minibus is desirable although full training can be given
- Will ideally have demonstrable experience in a facilities or other similar operational role i.e Caretaker / Maintenance Person / Site Supervisor position
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Facilities Assistant position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Previous applicants should not apply.
The closing date for this position is 09:00 Monday 7th December 2020 with interview scheduled for week commencing 7th December 2020.
Vacancy: Part Time Facilities Assistant
Salary: £18,933 - £22,183 per annum pro rata (0.4805 FTE)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Hours of work may vary but initially 14.30 to 18.30.