5 days per week (37 hours per week x 40 weeks per year)
Salary range Grade G Point 8 to 12 (£20,493 - £22,183)
£17,983 - £19,485 (actual salary)
We are seeking to appoint, as soon as possible, a PE Technician to work as part of the PE team, to enhance the effective delivery of the curriculum, particularly in respect of practical work. The PE Technician is thus an integral part of the PE team, working under the direction of the Subject Leader for PE. The PE Technician also works with the site staff to facilitate the letting of the various sports facilities at school to local sports clubs.
Duties include the following:
- Working in accordance with the school, departmental and legislative guidelines;
- Preparation of PE equipment for lessons;
- Checking returned equipment, cleaning it and returning it to storage;
- Laundering school team kit;
- Providing technical support in lessons (where practicable);
- Supporting PE with a range of administrative tasks, not limited to but to include booking sporting fixtures with other schools, arranging coaches for travel, completing health and safety paperwork for offsite travel, representing the department at whole school health and safety meetings;
- Servicing PE equipment and other resources, including basic repairs;
- Undertaking health and safety checks on equipment used in PE lessons or in the hire of the sports facilities;
- Liaising with the site staff to facilitate setting out of equipment in connection with the hire of the sports facilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake emergency first aid & MIDAS training.
Please see the job description for a more detailed overview of the tasks and responsibilities associated with the role
We are looking for someone who:
- enjoys being part of a team
- highly organised
- able to work under pressure at busy times such as exam periods can be flexible
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which they will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, the major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the School. Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description.
Closing date: 5th December