Contract term: Part time 7:30am – 1:30pm, 4 days a week, term time only (permanent)
Salary FTE: £17,502 – £21,000 (£9,065.89 - £10,877.82) depending on experience
Required start date: Asap
We are seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Classroom Assistant to join our experienced and friendly team in Junior School.
To succeed in this role, you will need excellent interpersonal skills and good levels of numeracy and literacy. You will have a flexible approach and be happy to work across Reception through to Key Stage 2 as required, demonstrating the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will be well organised and have a patient, caring personality and be passionate about learning and supporting children to develop and achieve their best. We also encourage outdoor learning so you will be happy working outdoors as well as within the classroom.
The main duties include:
- Providing general assistance and practical classroom support to teaching staff and pupils in all learning activities
- Managing classroom resources effectively and assisting in the preparation of teaching materials before lessons and clearing away afterwards
- Providing pastoral/welfare support to pupils
- Supervising pupils during break and lunch times in the dining hall and the playground
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times both in and outside the classroom, administering basic first aid (if qualified to do so)
- Breakfast Club supervision from 7.30am during term time
- Maintaining effective working relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents, working collaboratively across all areas of Junior School
Experience of working with children in a learning or play environment is essential, as is a recognised TA or childcare qualification to NVQ Level 3.
Applications should be submitted by midday on Tuesday 1 December 2020 at the latest, however, applications may be considered in advance of the deadline.
Interested? Click Apply now!