Security Cleared (SC) Test Engineer (CCNA/CCNP)
We are seeking experienced Security Cleared (SC) Test Engineer who will work as a part of a team, based in Erskine (outside Glasgow). Report directly to Programme's Test Lead, taking technical and task leadership as appropriate.
- Be an effective and productive member of the team including being the lead focal point for escalations.
- Using appropriate tools and techniques, design and develop solutions to client's DS's standards and to meet the build requirements of the product.
- Produce build specifications and build reports for nominated products..
- Produce hardware and software solutions for integration into the test system where required.
- Document these solutions to the required standards, and achieve QA acceptance of the build method and documentation thereof.
- Be responsible for own time keeping with regard to task milestones.
- Maintain a record of all work carried out, either in formal drawings and specifications or in engineering log books.
- Make technical decisions within the build tasks, establishing the best solutions for the products in question.
- Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a solution or system through testing that the solution meets the specification.
Essential skills and experience:
- Several years experience in a similar role as a Test Analyst within industry.
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software, hardware and network systems, and strong in the build development methods for at least one of these.
- Competent in all skills as shown: CISCO (CCNA or CCNP), SNMP, FTP, networking theory
- Requirements Management.
- Good Communication.
- System Engineering principles
- Nice to have: Netcool, DOORS, Starteam (configuration tool)
- A Technical qualification (CCNA/CCNP) backed by several years experience producing network solutions.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will have a valid security clearance prior start of the assignment.