Technical Consultant - Permanent - London - Competitive Salary - SC or DV
You have strong consulting skills, and ideally come with a variety of techniques and methods to capture, elaborate and understand our client's problems. You will be a strong communicator with the drive to design and deliver appropriate solutions that realise the outcomes our clients need.
While you may have a particular leaning towards one or more of the following disciplines you will be a generalist with a good appreciation of the other disciplines and you will have an innate ability to quickly identify, learn, adapt and apply techniques to respond to clients' specific needs:
- Strategy - Helping clients formulate their vision and working with them to develop, communicate and deliver a roadmap to realise it
- Enterprise Systems Engineering - Using Systems Thinking and Systems Engineering methods for enterprise level problem solving and design
- Enterprise Architecture - Creating, communicating and continually improving a framework within which clients can realise their business strategy. Providing architectural assurance and support through transformation
- Business Analysis - Enabling change by understanding existing business norms, identifying and capturing needs and recommending technical solutions that deliver value to clients and their key stakeholders
- Technical Project Management - Applying programmatical techniques to shape, plan and successfully deliver complex projects
- An Information and Technology background with relevant experience in a technical and/or consulting environment
- An understanding of the complete service life cycle including concept through to sourcing, design, build, test, deployment and disposal management
- Demonstrable experience in requirements definition and management, calling out options, considerations and priorities which require a business decision
- A strong interest and appreciation of technology trends and government IT strategy such as, Cloud, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Big Data and Digital service design and delivery
- Experience of working with and collaborating across technical and project work streams to drive results
- Experience of identifying, developing and transitioning knowledge to up-skill internal teams
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence effectively across multiple media
- A good first degree in a science, computing or engineering subject, or equivalent experience
- A high-level of self-initiation, organisation and enthusiasm
- Personable team player, able to work under guidance and own initiative, adding expertise and value to project deliverables
- Excellent stakeholder management with focus on nurturing & developing strong relationships.
- Appreciation of Agile development methodologies including SAFe, DSDM & SCRUM, DevOps and continuous methods
- Experience of working within Agile delivery, such as using sprints, scrums, retrospectives and backlogs
- Experience working with Central Government, particularly in the Defence or Security and Intelligence sectors
- Experience across Base/Fixed systems, working to Defence ICT policies, including JSP 604 is highly desirable
- Experience working in other business sectors such as Local Government; Regulated Industry (Utilities and Transportation) and/or private sector
Technical Consultant Skills:
- Developing a solution strategy, within the context of dynamic, agile, rapidly evolving environments
- Capturing the evolving needs of clients through use cases and system needs assessments
- Managing complexity, balancing needs and constraints across a portfolio of large and complex programmes, ensuring performance and coherent integration across multi-vendor ecosystems
- Having acted as the interface between project and business, ensuring communication lines between stakeholders are clear and open
- Working with other architects and client stakeholders to ensure that test and acceptance criteria are captured and agreed across the development life cycle
- Having managed business cases, costs, dependencies and risks and issues in line with customer expectations
- Understanding architectural segmentation and partitioning, leading the capture of what technology facilities are needed to support the business objectives
- Supporting the solution development, balancing business needs, policy and legislation with enterprise integration
- Agreeing the features, phases and adoption of solution and service deliverables into the business
- Defining the degree to which architectural domains and solutions must satisfy business needs
- Planning the adoption of services in line with strategy as defined by the Enterprise Architecture Framework.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or DV. If you do not hold an active SC or DV please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020.