VR Developer - C++ & Python
Game Engine development, Virtual Reality, C++, Python, PyTorch, NetHack, RL algorithms.
Job title: VR Developer - C++ & Python
Job location: Remote work
Employment type: Contract - 3 months
Industry: IT, Media
Salary: ??30 to ??32.70 per hour (PAYE Only)
Our client, an innovative top 5 tech company globally is looking for an experienced Virtual Reality Developer to be Embedded deeply with researchers at Client's AI Research to develop and debug reinforcement learning environments.
What you have
- Expert knowledge of game engine development, preferably for "grid-world" games.
- Expert knowledge of C and C++ on POSIX systems, including threads, context switching, dynamic libraries (dlopen, dlmopen).
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Deep experience with the game NetHack.
- Good knowledge of PyTorch.
- Experience with training RL algorithms on GPUs.
- Experience with procedural content generation for game development.
- Experience with designing game combat mechanisms and game UI development.
Who you'll be
- Develop highly scalable game engine code in C/C++ and Python.
- Collaborate with client's AI Research Scientists to facilitate research that enables learning in sequential decision-making problems.
- Apply knowledge of relevant domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects.
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (eg distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).