Oracle ERP Solution Architect
Oracle ERP Solution Architect
Contract until 31st March 2021
Based in Hertfordshire - Currently WFH until further notice
Day rate up to ??550PD
The ERP solution architect works alongside the ERP Lead Solution Architect to translate business objectives and critical to quality requirements into solution designs which are aligned with business and technology strategies. The ERP solution architect will describe the solution through architecture and design artifacts, providing options and recommendations in line with the ERP approved architecture and standards.
Key Results Area:
- Guide the solution design for assigned areas of responsibility by providing solutions to the requirements gathered aligning to strategic solutions and standards.
- Responsible for ERP solution architecture on various levels - from high level outlined architecture to detailed architecture and in some cases detailed design.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of ERP project delivery providing architectural advice and guidance to ERP colleagues.
- Supporting the ERP Lead Solution Architect in the production of key architectural deliverables.
- Liaising with stakeholders; including internal and external parties providing architectural steer.
- Formal communication of the solution with the business via solution walkthroughs and roadshows as may be required from time to time.
- Solution governance and quality assurance including alignment with all relevant Design Authorities.
- Review and quality assurance of the artefacts created by external suppliers and internal teams to ensure the quality of delivered solution to fulfil business requirements and adhere to strategic technology vision, target architectures and standards.
- Working in both traditional waterfall and agile environments.
- Solution Architect deliverables are agreed and approved during the ERP programme through to handover to support.
- Solutions adhere to approved Architectures and standards.
- Solution Architecture processes are fully documented throughout delivery.
- Solutions are designed within budget constraints and meet the business objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of designing the solution architecture for an Oracle ERP SaaS implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels; both internally and externally
- Experienced in cross vendor and technology solutions including knowledge of Business, Data, Information, Integration, Application and Technology Layers.
- Hands-on experience of working through the end to end ERP project life cycle.
- Familiarity with working with 3rd party suppliers to ensure the delivery of high-quality designs that conform to the solution architecture defined
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends
- Good knowledge of Integration using EDI and Web APIs (SOAP, REST, XML and JSON)
- Good Understanding of Reporting using Oracle BI and MS Power BI.
- Demonstrable ability to engage with vendors and review technical proposals from a commercial angle to ensure technical solutions meet Our client's business objectives.
- Experience working in a federated organisation to achieve buy-in from all levels of the organisation and deliver against those agreements.
- Familiar with TOGAF 9 and ability to apply in a pragmatic way.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, seek and integrate diverse views into designs and manage by influence.
- A self-starter and a completer finisher - can start and run with complex work to a conclusion with limited assistance.
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.