Lead DevOps Engineer
- Lead DevOps Engineer
- Bristol, Avon
- ??45,000 per year
- Company Benefits (Pension, Healthcare, Flexible and Remote Working, etc.)
Skills and Experience:
- Managing our existing infrastructure (including site installations, updates and removals)
- Ensuring the maximum possible uptime for our infrastructure
- Automating infrastructure so it is fault-tolerant and self-recovers
- Release management, automated releases, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Ensuring consistency across our infrastructure
- Proven experience with managing infrastructure as code
- Managing Servers with PHP, Apache and Nginx
- Familiarity with Git
- Knowledge of Packer and Terraform
- Knowledge of container systems like Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the AWS Cloud technology stack
- Security-first approach to infrastructure
- The ability to understand when prioritise stability and uptime over the cost of infrastructure
My client are a Software house who are looking for a DevOps engineer to join their team to work on a number of up and coming projects. My client require an individual who is comfortable taking ownership of their infrastructure and passionate about managing it as code. You must be able to demonstrate you can write tests and develop infrastructure as code, and have the ability to test that code. They want someone who understands that there is more to DevOps than tools or the ability to automate infrastructure and who is confident working alongside developers.
To learn more about our client and this great opportunity on offer working as a Lead DevOps Engineer based in Bristol; please call and speak with John Noonan here at ISR Recruitment or please email me a copy of your very latest CV and I'll call you back to discuss the role in more detail.