Java AWS Developer Contract Banking
Java Developer Contract initially 6 months ??750 Per day inside IR35
Initially home working scenario. Financial industry experience preferred.
Good solid experience of core Java, including concurrency and transactional concepts, data structures, etc. Not just theory but really good use. And AWS
Our client wants someone that knows more than theory and is very comfortable writing code and communicating thoughts throughout.
- Experience of enterprise applications within the Java development stack.
- Solid AWS experience
- Delivery experience of re-engineering Legacy programs to distributed systems would be a bonus.
- Implementation experience in Application Server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom built object-oriented applications.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge.
- Excellent Core Java skills, Enterprise RDBMS (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Experience with container-based event-driven micro services architecture using ECS, Spring Boot, and REST API.
- Proven record with AWS services - ElastiCache, Kafka, Kinesis, Lambdas, IAM, API Gateway, Cloud Formation.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience working with FIX messaging
- Experience working in Agile Environment
- Delivery experience using continuous integration - ideally Jenkins
- Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry is a bonus.
Our client's development team is working on modernising the trading platform using React, Micro services, AWS technical stack while maintaining the current trading platform. They need a senior Java developer who has worked on applications which are built using AWS SaaS/PaaS platforms following Micro services architecture. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic software engineer to join our client's development team as a senior developer working on their trading platform. You will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes. They are seeking a skilled technologists who has strong technical skills as well as the leadership characteristics required to guide others from a technical perspective. This position will require that the candidate work together not only with other technologists but, over time, also with business colleagues in the development of the system. The team follows agile methodology with self-organizing teams where every individual is empowered to take critical decisions.
Please forward your details to receive a full job description