3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer - West Yorkshire
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer - West Yorkshire (Microsoft Training in Azure Offered)
Established business going through a major technology transformation. The team work in an Agile environment and offer a flexible working environment with a share of home working and days on site.
Exciting opportunity to join a team of 7x 3rd Line Engineers. The business is just moving into Azure and will therefore offer training to any new employee who joins in this role. if you have any exposure to Cloud/Azure already that's an advantage, if not the business will support your training and development from day 1 as they embark on their journey into the Cloud.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, Designing, Installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimising server hardware/software, diagnosing, resolving, and concisely documenting hardware and software installations and changes, along with reporting and reacting to server and storage issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide advanced infrastructure device setup, administration, configurations, and automated implementations. Help support data centre network infrastructures for optimal functionality, security and management.
- Planning, Designing, Installing, configuring and maintaining network, server, and storage deployments, updates, and improvements. Support functionality and security audits, generate detailed executive reports outlining risk, and providing technology recommendations backed by sound business cases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for infrastructure issues.
- Responsible for all Infrastructure, Server, Storage and Active Directory infrastructure including virtualised server estate.
- Conducting thorough assessments of the infrastructure, server and storage infrastructure, suggesting mitigation strategies and work alongside the network and security team to suggest re-designs of the infrastructure
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialism's (Windows/VMware Servers, Storage, OS + Active Directory/Exchange) and provide expert advice regarding their application
- Demonstrable ISO:27001 environment experience
- Active Directory domain migration experience
- AD split of domains/forests & AD Trusts
- Demonstrable Microsoft Azure Experience - Desirable
- VMWare 6 (and newer)
- VMware Horizon experience - Gold Images, machine deployments and pools.
- Windows Server 2003 - 2018
- Windows XP - 10
- Networking (VLANs, Subnets, DMZs & MPLS)
- Windows file Servers, DFS & AD Domain controller creation & retirements
- Exchange 2013 - 365
- Office 365
- SMTP, DNS, Group policies
- SFTP, VPNs, IPsec tunnels
- Demonstrable in-depth Encryption knowledge
- Infrastructure Hardware troubleshooting
- Central deployment of security patching
- Cisco CallManager Telephone System
- Networking - TCPIP, DNS, Network Layers & understanding of networking devices
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Cisco Switching/Routing