We are currently assisting a key client of ours with a critical Data Engineering contract hire, the position is fully remote and requires a candidate to start ASAP. The ideal hire will be an experienced Data Engineer, who will join a newly formed Data Platform team. You will play a key role helping to set standards and best practices as the team start to democratise access to data for the organisation.
The successful candidate will work across the tech stack, working in unison with product and other engineers, helping to analyse and organise raw data, building data pipelines and exploring ways to enhance data quality.
Essential technical skills:
- Excellent background helping organisations develop systems that process and store large scale data using - Python, SQL, Airflow, AWS Redshift, S3 and Athena.
- Experience building data pipelines - ETL/ELT.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Datamodelling (star-schema) would be a big plus.
- Proven understanding of how to represent data and solve problems in code.
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD would be a bonus.
The position has been deemed Outside IR35 and require an immediate start.
If you are interested in this Data Engineer role, please send your latest CV to (see below) and if suitable we will be in-touch for a detailed discussion regarding the role.