Service Manager (Sustainable Business Travel)
Grade J - £31,799 per annum
Location: Leeds City Centre with travel across West Yorkshire and (currently remotely)
Permanent - 37 hours per week
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Service Manager (Sustainable Business Travel) to join the Travel Plan Network in our Business Support team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
The Travel Plan Network team plays a key part in supporting businesses in the Leeds City Region to achieve inclusive and clean growth by helping them to embed sustainable travel planning principles within their organisation. They work with businesses to help influence behavioral changes and travel choices of their employees for commuting and business purposes, with the aim of reducing single occupancy car use.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We have an opportunity for an exceptional person who wants to play a key role in leading a team to support businesses via a range of interventions to help employees increase the uptake of public transport, walking, cycling, car clubs and car sharing across West Yorkshire.
Reporting into Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of the Travel Plan Network’s Interreg SHARE-North European funded project and its contracted outputs. This does involve occasional overseas travel.
- Managing a small team of Business Travel Advisors as well as a Programme Support Officer to proactively identify and engage with businesses across the region with the view of increasing membership of the Travel Plan Network.
- Work closely and collaboratively with key business leaders, key teams across all Directorates within the Combined Authority, as well as a range of partners and industry professionals including transport operators, local authorities, public health and the SHARE-North project partners.
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- A sound understanding about challenges and opportunities faced by businesses around sustainable travel choices, shared mobility and travel planning.
- Practical experience of managing/delivering publicly funded business support projects including financial management, procurement and marketing.
- The ability to work in partnership with public and private sector stakeholders and industry professionals.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button now and upload your CV and covering letter on our website by
11:55 pm on 10th December 2020.
For further information about the role, please contact Melissa Liburd on Melissa.email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to our salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.