Capital Investment Water EICA Graduate Engineer
Delivering excellence for our customers, our people, the environment and the communities that we serve
EICA Graduate Engineer
SALARY RANGE: UP TO £31K
BASED AT HAVANT, HAMPSHIRE
Portsmouth Water is one of the leading water companies in England and Wales, consistently being ranked first in the industry for customer service over the past 3 years and at the same time delivering the lowest customer bills, showing our commitment to continual improvement in both technology and performance to meet the needs of our customers.
The Company is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to our above ground assets, as part of our AMP7 capital programme. These projects are aimed at maintaining and improving our treatment works to ensure continuous high quality water is supplied to our customers. This work involves refurbishing, replacing and improving our electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network, implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners.
We are recruiting for an Electrical, Instrument, and Control & Automation (EICA) Technician to assist and support the project delivery team within our Investment Department Non-Infrastructure team. You will be responsible for assisting the Project Engineers and our Internal Production Department (Client) to safely isolate, commission, fault diagnose, and replace minor equipment.
You need to be committed to building and sustaining collaborative relationships through the right behaviours, promoting innovation, embracing change, encouraging honesty, fairness and pragmatism in an open and supportive relationship with our internal and external stakeholders. You will operate at all times in a professional, considerate manner, with a positive attitude. The new member of our team will work at all times within our values of excellence, respect and integrity, will be self-motivated, show initiative and commitment to positive, proactive health and safety. They will also need a full UK driving licence, as the role will require travel to various Portsmouth Water sites.
Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor on design and build projects.
• Assist Project Manager(s) as the Graduate Engineer with the following;
- Project scope(s) definition with key stakeholders
- Ensuring the projects are delivered on time, within budget and desired quality standards
- Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally & externally
- Creation of the scopes, contracts, reports & position papers, in particular Mechanical or EICA elements
- ‘Day to Day’ project management co-ordination tasks to reduce the work load on PM’s
• EICA designs, specifications and documentation reviews on behalf of the client, development of client EICA & general designs standards
• Supervision of Site Electrical Works under 18th EE regulations (training will be provided if not 18th EE qualified)
• Managing, Supervising and Diagnosing PLC (Schneider / Allen Bradley) & Telemetry (Schneider GeoSCADA / Clear SCADA) software configuration amendments through the project life cycle
• Commissioning of MCC’s, quality and monitoring Instrumentation, control systems & shutdown protection circuity on behalf of Portsmouth Water
• Quality Assurance / Acceptance of Mechanical or EICA works to applicable standards
• Project management & delivery of minor projects
• General Site supervision
• Health & Safety and environment Assessments & audits
• Electrical / Instrument / Control / Automation Engineering back-ground
• Ability to manage multiple work streams working with a range of PMs
• Excellent at working within a team environment
• Ability to live and work with ambiguity and change
The role requires the following qualifications:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Full driving licence. You will need to undertake our internal driver assessment.
In return, you can expect benefits such as:
• Competitive Private pension – (Company contribution of up to 10%)
• Support for professional and academic development
• 24-28 days annual leave
Interviews will be held early January 2021.
Please confirm your availability for these dates with your submission.
Closing date: 16 DECEMBER 2020
Applicants should send a CV outlining current salary with 2 referees to Ian Limb, Head of HR via the Apply link
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. This can include alternative days / hours of work or work location. Please specify any request in your application.