Information Governance Manager & Deputy Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Manager & Deputy Data
Grade K – Salary £36,316
Fixed Term Contract to 31 May 2021
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Fixed Term Contract to 31 May 2021
We are seeking to appoint an Information Governance Manager and Deputy Data Protection Officer in our Legal and Governance service area. You will support the Combined Authority’s in compliance with data protection and freedom of information legislation.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Layer (Regulatory) and Data Protection Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Information Governance Team
- Carrying out the statutory data protection officer functions on a day-to day basis
- Supporting large organisational project
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- advising senior stakeholders on their legal obligations under data protection and transparency legislation
- building relationships and working collaboratively across an organisation and with third parties.
- leading on regulatory investigation response and communications with Regulators.
- providing training to Officers
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply button by 11:55pm on 3 December 2020
For further information about the role, please contact Rebecca Brookes on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to our salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.