Technical Business Analyst
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a Technical Business Analyst to work as part of a multi-disciplined team reporting to the OGA's Head of Digital Services. The role will work closely with a data warehouse team, GIS, BI specialists to provide services for the OGA and Industry users.
The successful candidate will focus on the OGA data warehouse covering the complete development life cycle. The role will eventually cover work on a range of projects, including the OGA National Data Repository.
To perform the role, we seek a professional business analyst who is confident communicating with stakeholders at all levels of the business. They will need a good technical understanding of data warehousing in order to contribute to discussions about the technical design with development and test teams. The role will cover a variety of different business areas, gaining an in-depth understanding of business priorities, workflows, services. The successful candidate will also support and promote the use of Python, BI tools and GIS.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Capturing functional and non-functional requirements, Datamodelling, database interrogation using SQL via Toad/SSMS, testing support and go-live support for data warehouse deliverables.
- Formally documenting new business requirements and enhancements including business cases for change.
- Delivering high quality, effective technical solutions in collaboration with other data, digital and IT disciplines as required.
- Support PMO and PMO processes
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels to understand business requirements. Establish credibility by demonstrating an understanding of the core strategic and operational priorities for the organisation.
- Work closely with GIS, BI, data warehouse and web development professionals to provide services across the OGA and Industry
Priorities and key challenges
The immediate priorities for the Technical Business Analyst are to:
- Build out requirements for data warehouse projects
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
- Understanding of dimensional modelling
- SQL (DML)
- Understanding of documentation/artefacts required for a data warehousing project
- Formal business analyst documentation skills.
- Agile Scrum/Kanban project management
- Oracle 12c
- MS SQL Server/SSIS
- MS Power BI
- SAP BI
- Geospatial data/systems