Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Leeds
I am working exclusively with a leading logistics company based in Leeds, seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join their continually growing IT Services team on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Site reliability engineer you will be responsible for;
- Improve the efficiency of the software development processes by providing tooling and guidance that improves infrastructure resilience, security and cost optimisation
- Support your team in dealing with operational issues such as availability, performance and scalability
- Influencing Service Level Objectives, Non-Functional Requirements and infrastructure requirements
- Highlight deviations from technology standards to the TDA
- Ensuring that the Service Level Objectives in your area are met
- Help develop and promote the SRE service catalogue
- Ensure the best security practices are followed.
- Support and develop junior members of the team.
- Capturing the SLIs and mapping them to the appropriate SLOs
- Creating monitoring and dashboards to visualise the SLIs
- Experience with AWS is a must
- Some experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code; ideally a mixture of Ansible and CloudFormation
- Some practical experience with CI/CD tools
- A background in software development is considered a plus
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux administration
- Experience with application containerisation platforms and registry eg Docker & ECR
- A background in at least one of the following Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Java
- Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
This role offers fantastic opportunities for you to climb the career ladder within both the function and wider business. There is a competitive salary and benefits package to be had as well as being part of a thriving team and working for an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about this amazing opportunity, please apply in the first instance. This is not one to be missed!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.