AWS Data Engineer (Redshift is Essential) - Remote
AWS Data Engineer (Redshift is essential) - Remote
JNC are working in collaboration with an award winning Fin-tech organisation that is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to join their newly established Data team on a contract basis.
As an experienced AWS Data Engineer, you will have an expert understanding of AWS and its key components, as well as having successfully implemented a cloud platform previously using tools such as Redshift, Spectrum, Athena and Glue.
IMPORTANT: Redshift Experience is essential for the role and no applicants without this experience will be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies on the market and on a range of existing and Greenfield projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Expert understanding of AWS and its key components
- Good experience coding in Python
- Strong experience using Redshift,
- Good experience with Athena, Spectrum and Glue
- Strong experience with IAM integration with Spectrum, Athena and Redshift
- Good experience of near Real Time ETL/ETL
- Good experience with the Kimball approach
- AWS certified (bonus, not essential).
Some responsibilities include:
- Responsible for building and supporting enterprise-level data warehousing
- Evaluate existing Data Warehouse/Data Lake and propose improvements
- Building a translation/QA area to hold data failures
- Ensure that IAM is used to control access
- Optimising and enhancing the Data Lake using best practices
- Support the clients existing Data Team
- Create the relevant processes to ensure the data estate complies with the clients documented best practice.
In line with the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business