DevOps Engineer - ??400 per day - 2 Months with potential extension - Edinburgh/Remote
Reed Technology are delighted to be working on a DevOps engineer contract with an exciting client with multiple sites around the globe, this role will be based in Edinburgh but for now will be remote. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a DevOps based role, with a background in System Administration.
The DevOps Engineer will play a meaningful part in supporting the 24x7 availability and ongoing growth of the organisations service offerings. You will possess a high degree of technical skill, have a collaborative approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will:
- Work on planned and unplanned operations work - for example, incident management, break/fix, release management and support, systems maintenance and upgrades, managing requests from other internal teams, building out new systems, ensuring configuration management is updated, troubleshooting and remediating any issues flagged by monitoring, continuous improvement of our existing systems and processes.
- Onboarding new operations staff and ensuring offshore staff can adequately perform their role (provided with training, processes are set and work supervised etc)
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools (Ansible and Terraform).
- AWX/Ansible Tower, Jenkins
- Experience with MySQL, design, installation, and operation
- Working knowledge of AWS deployments at scale (EC2/VPCs/RDS/CloudFormation and Terraform a bonus)
- Understanding of networking (Firewalls, load balancers, separation of public and private networks)
- Scripting and systems-related programming skills (Ansible, Python, BASH all appropriate), experience with Git
- Experience working with monitoring tools. eg Nagios, AppOptics, Papertrail, Pingdom among others.
If you are interested, then please apply - Alternatively you can email your CV