Secure Network Engineer
SC cleared, CCTV, Cable, Alarm, Installation Engineer, Network Engineer, OUTSIDE IR35
YOU MUST HOLD A CURRENT AND VALID SC SECURITY CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
My client, a leader in the public sector, is seeking an installation/network engineer to work remotely during the Covid lockdown but then out of their London based offices.
2 Aims and Objectives of Requirement
DP Secure portfolio has delivered new MPS infrastructure platforms to host applications and services at GPMS levels of SECRET and TOP SECRET.
- Survey sites which will require access to secure systems for CPMP
- Produce survey reports to identify any required changes/modifications
- Discuss the findings with members of the MPS project team, PSD and MPS security accreditor.
- Produce designs to meet the security requirements and enable solution to be taken into support
- Get quotations from external suppliers for electrical works, containment, fibre and copper cabling, Security Alarms, CCTV and electronic door entry system installations.
- Manage the work of the supplier through to completion
- Update the MPS PM on progress and any potential Risk, Issues and Dependencies affecting Implementation.
- Assist the MPS PM in decommissioning obsolete network equipment and systems from sites.
- Test and Commission newly built sites and produce required handover documentations.
- Test the newly installed security systems for MPS physical security compliance.
- Assist in the installation and setting up of desktop equipment including Amulet terminals, printers, scanners and all associated ancillary equipment.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors to resolve technical issues associated with the installation of cabling, data points, CCTV, alarms and electronic door entry systems.
- Provide relevant infrastructure knowledge when called upon to support the Technical Design Assurance boards and relevant Project/Programme boards.
3 Scope and Terms
- Ensure CPMP Sites installation activities align to Security Design Authority Application principles and Standards.
- Produce the required drawings for the cabling and office floor plans (experience in using Autocad will be an advantage).
- Adhere to objectives, tasks, priorities and deadlines set by CPMP project manager.
- Act professionally in accordance with the role and as a representative of the CPMP Project team.
- Travel throughout London will be required.
4 Skills Requirements and Security Clearance
- Experience and knowledge of the Government Security Classification (GSC) levels and an understanding of the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework.
- Experience of working on data and power cabling installations and solution delivery in Secret environment.
- Experience of working on CCTV, security alarms and door entry systems that meets the requirements of the security standards being applied for Secret environment.
- Experience in writing Design documentation suitable for accreditation at Secret GSC level.
- Experience of working with Security Accreditor to ensure the design meets the needs of the security standards being applied for a Secret environment.
- Experience in HMG Security Policies (The Security Policy Framework) and Standards and the application of CESG Guidance (Good practice guides and Security Procedures).
- Vendor qualification and/or a proven track record of related work experience.
- Understanding of Network infrastructure and Government Security/encryption requirements