My client based in South Wales are on the hunt for an experienced Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for simulating and debugging systems/circuits used in their hardware. They are looking for someone who will be able to experiment with and develop novel solutions to the myriad of complex electronics problems in their product.
You will be working closely with cross-functoional hardware, software and prodction engineers to deliver and implment solutions to the products.
You will be working closely with laboratories for the evaluation of EMC from the products in order to develop and improve the product performance. You will be influential in the developmernt of the current range of NExtbase products and memory cards and the design of future models.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Product Development Manager, product owners, production facility & component suppliers to review, analyse and evaluate Dash Cam prototypes and products. Provide reports and feedback to internal and external teams.
- Working closely with colleagues on camera electronics to improve camera design and complete root-cause analysis of problems found.
- Compiling and maintain Research, Test, Validation technologies & Methodologies
- Working with design teams to develop and implement validation plans
- Providing functional verification of electrical systems
- Debugging/Tune PCB hardware both on the bench, laboratory and also in-vehicle.
- Maintaining EMC compliance reviews both on a specific product basis and an annual range check basis.
- Creating prototype PCB's & microsystems for local testing requirements.
Skills and Expereince:
- You have a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent work experience in the relevant field.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience. Strong preference given to candidates with camera/video recording electronic experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight schedules, including close collaboration with global 3rd party partners, is essential
- Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and micro-controllers, data and video interfaces such as USB, HDMI, MIPI, LVDS. File formats MP4, MOV & H264 and H265 encoding.
- Experience with high density and high speed circuit board design and validation
- Excellent team and person-to-person communication skills.
- Experience in failure analysis and troubleshooting skills in a laboratory environment
- Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
- Schematic capture and PCB design experience
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Strong communication and self-organisation skills.
- Strong self-motivation, ability to work independently and within a team.
If you have any questions about this role or think that you are a suitable candidate please do not hesitate to get in touch or send me a copy of your CV.
Email - (see below)