Virtualisation Engineer (VMware) - SC Cleared
We are looking for an experienced Virtualisation Engineer with expertise specifically in VMware products and technologies. This role reports into the Virtualisation Engineering team leader and Capability lead working on various UK programmes and accounts. It is based in Erskine, Renfrewshire and applicants must hold SC clearance.
- Develop, and where required deploy, the technical solution to the environments.
- Creating technical documents with the ability to produce clear and concise low level design documentation as well as implementation and operation guides
- Prepare scripts written in PowerCLI for automated product deployment and management.
- Troubleshoot implementation or operational issues.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, proactively support automation and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
The team are looking for persons that have depth as well as breadth of the product range experience, especially over the last 2 years.
Both candidates need to have core vSphere experience, and then either a mixture or complimentary experience with NSX/NSM, SRM, or vRealize
Both candidates need to security work experience including delegation of authority, eg ensuring that the right persons in certain roles have the right permissions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong vSphere (vCenter Server and ESXi) product experience in designing and engineering solutions including product administration, hardening and troubleshooting experience
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of virtual and physical server infrastructure capacity, scaling and operation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to resolve constructively conflicting pressures and stake holders.
- Ability to interact and work closely with both technical and non-technical staff in the deployment of solutions across a range of levels.
- The ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various phases of their life cycle.
- Experience of technology design and implementation policies and practices including ITIL
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- VMware NSX for Data Center skills and experience
- PowerCLI/PowerShell Scripting skills and experience
- VMware VSAN, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight and Site Recovery Manager product experience
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant & Dell Servers experience
- Understanding of security concepts including delegation of authority
- Dell Storage array experience
- Configuration Management
- Experience of infrastructure deployment and management tooling including the use of JSON/XML files
- Enterprise networking
- Windows Server, Remote Desktop Services
Certification: VCP 6.5/6.7