Python Software Engineer
Role: Python Software Engineer
Location: London (remote initially)
Rates: up to ??700/day PAYE
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based client is currently looking for a Python Software Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. The successful candidate will need to come from a Power Trading/Commodities background and will ideally have a statistical background with a Masters or PhD in STEM subjects (financial engineering would be highly desirable).
- Python (Packages: Numpy, SciPy, Sickt-Learn or Keras or Tensorflow)
- Power Trading/Commodities Experience
- Experience in working with low granularity time series data
- Experience in working with Data Engineers to get the most out of ETL processes
- Experience with Azure (Blobstorage, Cosmo DB)
- Dedicated to Agile best practices
- Familiarity with storage quality practices - (Gold/Silver/Bronze)
- Establishing an IT landscape eg what toolsets, infrastructure etc. are needed
- Defining high level data structures etc.
- Implementation of IT toolchains - CI/CD, automated testing etc.
This is a great opportunity to join a global organisation on a long term project so if this role is of interest then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for more information.