Lead Cloud Engineer - Azure
As Lead Cloud Engineer you'll be expected to be a technical lead across Azure services supporting the organisations cloud capability, and work on a programme of on-going projects to improve service provision.
Join a leading SaaS technology business as Lead Cloud Engineer working on the technical delivery and direction of new capabilities in new technologies, in automation, monitoring, tooling and anything defined in our technology strategy for both external and internal domains.
Due to Covid-19, this role will initially be based remotely. You will be expected to commit to 1 day per week in the office (Manchester) as part of their long term flexible working programme.
What you'll be doing..
As Lead Cloud Engineer you will work closely with the operations teams to deliver new technologies and capabilities into their cloud estate. You'll shape the new ways to deploy infrastructure via code, use new technologies to replace older ones to reap the benefits of cloud services and to help deliver new ways of ensuring our services remaining healthy and available to their clients.
You'll be using sing some exciting technologies in and amongst their products... Azure, Terraform, Azure Container Instances, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Azure Service Bus, Application Service Plans, Web Applications and Azure Functions to name just a few.
You will also be looked upon to provide technical leadership to peers and offer support and guidance where needed.
Your skills and experience..
You'll be expected to provide technical guidance and leadership while remaining heavily hands on to a small team of engineers.
- Strong experience across the Azure suite.
- Experience supporting and maintaining internal IT Infrastructure, Systems and EUD's.
- Experience with infrastructure by code (using Terraform or similar)
- Solid knowledge in networking technologies
- Experience administering applications, Servers and networks
- SQL server expertise
- Scripting skills via PowerShell
- Technical leadership
- Mentoring others
- Working in a software/technology company
- Working in a client facing role
- Working in a 24/7 operation
- Moving from single to multi-tenant services
- Building and evolving continuous integration/continuous delivery
??65,000 - ??75,000 per annum
Pension, Healthcare, 28 Days Holiday.