Senior DevOps Engineer
Join a leading cloud communications business in Manchester and be responsible for helping automate, problem solve, test, and improve software development processes and journeys.
Our client is a leading cloud technology business based in the heart of Manchester who are looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team, helping contribute to significant growth to help automate, problem solve, test, and improve our software development processes and journey.
As a key member of the team, you'll be responsible for building, maintaining and optimising their cloud hosted infrastructure. This role would be ideally suited to a Senior DevOps Engineer who has demonstrable experience with AWS in a security orientated, continuous delivery environment. You will be passionate about using the latest technologies and eager to be at the forefront of Cloud Technology. You'll be given the opportunity to use your skills for a variety of customers.
What you'll be doing..
- Develop, deploy, monitor, and operate systems in a continuous DevOps model
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Support on-call shifts as needed to support the team
- Design and develop new systems in partnership with software engineers to enable quick and easy consumption of data
- Develop low latency, highly available, globally distributed products
- Develop proofs of concept, shared libraries, and services that will be used across the R&D organization
- Research and choose technologies, design system architectures and data models in a scalable and efficient way
- Proactively consider code quality and developer velocity
- Coach and mentor team members
Your skills and experience..
- Robust knowledge of AWS.
- Experience working with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Proven track record of building infrastructure as code.
- Experience with containerisation principles and frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently towards troubleshooting complex technical issues in the team
Nice to have:
- Have strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well
- Ability to work with stakeholders across all levels
??50,000 - ??60,000 per annum