Asset Risk Manager
Asset Risk Manager - Automotive Residual values - Permanent Slough
Our highly successful international financial client based in the Thames Valley is looking for an Asset Risk Manager with experience of the UK car and light commercial vehicle market to join their established team based in prestigious offices on the outskirts of Slough.
The Asset Risk Manager will have three primary responsibilities:
- To oversee the Asset Risk function and be able to inspire, manage and grow a team of highly motivated individuals to deliver a high-quality service and output. The aim being to ensure customer needs are always met whilst ensuring the clients asset risk is effectively managed.
- To produce vehicle level forecasts for Residual Values and Maintenance forecasts of the new and used car markets and provide regular and ad hoc management reports, analyses and recommendations on the UK economy and vehicle/leasing markets.
- Continuously improve and the vehicle termination forecasting process, providing structured solutions with which to manage and mitigate risk within the extensive UK fleet.
Further responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that correct and detailed information is provided in order to inform commercial tenders
- Identify risks and opportunities to help secure profitable business
- Drive the development of the in-house residual value and maintenance forecasting methodology
- Present complex information and concepts at internal forums as well as to the wider business at all levels
- Keep up to date with product knowledge through new vehicle research, including manufacturer events
- Contribute to the asset risk vision of the client at a strategic level and across the senior management team
Key Knowledge areas are:
- Proven track record in owning a similar process
- Proven track record in implementing solutions to analytical problems within the UK Car market
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Access, including macros and VBA
- Knowledge and working applications of econometrics
- Creativity to formulate ideas and question current thinking
- Ability to inspire, develop and motivate a high performing team
- Use negotiating and influencing skills to promote an idea or concept
- Ability to communicate complex technical data and concepts to all levels of the business
- Integrity to handle a risk-based role making decisions & recommendations for the good of the business
- Be seen as a trusted advisor by the customer
- Analytical, precise, with an open questioning approach
- Lateral thinker with the ability to adapt quickly to new challenges
- Energetic with a passion to deliver and learn
- Fluent in business English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active interest in cars and the automotive industry
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where you can truly make a difference within an expanding market leading organisation. An excellent salary of up to ??70,000 pa plus sustantial yearly bonus and benefits will be paid to the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.