Software Engineering Manager. Global Startup. Big Data
A superb opportunity to build & lead a New engineering function for a global startup who specialise in Big data.
The client is a leading data platform for secure and effectual use. Powered by core identity resolution capabilities and an unparalleled network, data is used to transform customer experiences and generate more valuable outcomes.
The client is fully interactive and neutral infrastructure delivers end-to-end addressability for some of the world's most sought after brands, publishers and agencies
- Recruit, hire, scale and act as a leader within a growing team of engineers.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners to drive product delivery.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging business.
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Have an impact across the entire product suite.
Your team will:
- Design and build a global data solution that delights our key customers.
- Extend our platform capabilities to address in-country requirements in the global market.
- Work closely with various internal teams (engineering, product, SRE, and data science) on product delivery.
The ideal candidate will be:
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience and 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Have strong recruiting skills, with a track record of hiring new team members who are extremely effective over the long term.
- Have a passion and track record for leading teams to deliver scalable services, APIs, and infrastructures.
- Have a product mindset and enjoy solving complex business problems with technology.
- Have extremely strong written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively change communication style based on the audience (executive leadership, marketing, management, product, engineering, data scientists). Ability to explain complex technical topics at appropriate levels of detail for each audience.
- Have prior hands-on experience with the JVM ecosystem and public cloud technology.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive.
As a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Airflow, etc).
- Experience working with external partners to drive product delivery.
- Prior experience with customer data platforms.
in return, you will be offered a unique opportunity to build and grow a new engineering function in a business that is going strength form strength and has a solid hub in London as their European base.
You will also be offered an excellent base + bonus package!