1 day left
- Part Time
You are: organised, confident dealing with accounting and payroll records. Are you the person we need to keep HACRO's finances and projects on track?
We are: HACRO - a St Albans based registered charity, working since 1974 for the care and rehabilitation of offenders. We believe in second chances and help people who have been on the wrong side of the law to turn their lives around. We run a mentoring programme and training to help ex-offenders back into employment, a Caring Dads parenting programme, and a Visitors Centre at HMP the Mount
We need: Someone to be responsible for ensuring continued solvency, growth and preserving the viability of all HACRO’s programmes and projects.
In particular to:
- Handle posting of accounting records and bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial reports for board meetings
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, for trustees meetings and funding bids
- Initiate and where required countersign bank payments
- Put together monthly requisitions for our payroll provider and arrange pension payments
- Manage our small grants system, processing applications and payments
- Handle annual review of insurance and gift aid claims
- Support recruitment as required by posting vacancy advertisements, taking up references and registering appointees on the payroll.
- Ensuring that DBS checks are in place and up to date for all relevant staff, volunteers and trustees..
- Being flexible enough to accept any reasonable alterations in the workload as necessary from time to time.
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Good level of report creation and presentation using a range of software
- Ability to innovate and identify opportunities for efficiency
- Able to maintain confidentiality about those we deal with
Equality, Diversity, Health & Safety - This post complies with HACRO’s policies on Equal Opportunities; Safeguarding; Health and Safety
DBS Check - The post holder will be handling information concerning vulnerable adults and will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Hours Worked - This is a flexible part time post: 15 hours per week,
Length of contract - the contract will be for two years.
Closing date: 31st January 2021
More information about HACRO is available in our website: www.hacro.org.uk
Apply for Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly