2 days left
- Full Time
Gretna Green Ltd
Gretna Green Ltd are looking to recruit a Finance Manager, to lead and motivate our small Finance Team, to work directly reporting to the Finance Director to help drive and shape the accounts function.
This is an exciting and interesting role which will allow you to identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting, reporting and planning within the business. Our ideal candidate will be willing to carry out a variety of tasks, work flexibly, provide insightful financial and analytical support to assist with agile business decisions. You will have a proven track record of delivering a high-quality performance in a busy commercial environment, have good commercial awareness, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and willing to work on your own as well as part of a small team.
An important quality will be strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of leading Cloud-based finance solutions, expertise in integrating finance packages with other strategic solutions such as EPOS, PMS and E-Commerce systems, and excellent knowledge of MS Office including Excel to an advanced level.
- Preparing and submitting the weekly and monthly KPI Analysis and reporting
- Develop and complete Adhoc/bespoke analysis for the business to identify risk, and to drive improvement
- Experience of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, and Bank and Cashflow Management.
- Completion of accurate monthly management accounts in line with agreed deadlines and develop strategies that work to minimise financial risks.
- Apply a continuous improvement ethos towards all processes and assist with the development and redesign of various reporting and analysis tools to maximise impact and efficiency.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of annual budgets in accordance with timetables
- Liaising with external auditors and other external partners
- Review and influence business processes.
- Manage and driving cost-saving initiatives to support more profitable growth within the business
- Ensure that the balance sheet is a true reflection of Company assets and liabilities through periodic review and reconciliation.
- Grow, lead and develop the Finance team
- Analyse market trends and competitors
- Overall accountability for the accounting function
- Assist Heads of Departments to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
- You will be qualified, or part qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) ideally with 2 years post qualification experience.
- Have experience of maintaining strong financial controls.
- Show enthusiasm to bring new ideas, and to be involved in the rebuild of the business
- Be able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Show strong supervisory skills
- Have a high level of energy and drive
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Retail and/or Hospitality sectors would be advantageous.
Competitive salary dependant on skills, qualifications and experience.