3 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
NPL is modernising its Quality Management System (QMS) to meet the growing demand for rigorously tested, trustworthy, traceable data & software products. The Data Science Department aims to be an exemplar of good practice in software and data quality management within the laboratory and is looking to recruit Quality Lead that can represent the department and lead best practice across NPL.
The successful candidate will oversee the quality management across the Data Science department and ensure it adheres to the NPL's quality management system. The role will require development of a new combined Software & Data Quality Management Framework based on the department's research. The candidate will initially focus on implementing a new framework within the department, ensuring that it is compatible with the new QMS, and subsequently roll the framework out within the entire organisation.
- Be the local source and first point of contact for Quality Control (QC) best practice.
- Work closely with other quality/compliance roles across the NPL, including the Quality Assurance team, Group Leaders, the Project Management Office (PMO) and Science teams to ensure a regular review of QC records and briefings.
- Work closely with the department to ensure all activities and outputs are fully compliant with NPL's quality. management system. This will include implementation of relevant change control processes.
- Through close collaboration with the PMO, be responsible for facilitating design reviews, document controls and data management.
- Provide training to the Data Science department, as required, and share this knowledge across NPL as a leading member of the Quality Lead community .
- Ensure data verification and validation methods are maintained appropriately.
- Establish software quality systems and act a Champion of good practice in software design.
- Relevant software quality and/or data management experience
- Experience of auditing within the ISO9001 / TickITplus environment.
- Familiarity with the software lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, maintenance &support.
- Be familiar with the implementation of Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) principles of data management.
- Working within a rigorous Quality Management System
- Taking a leading role within a team on continuous improvement
- Experience of enforcing quality standards
- Strong influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage own time and to work as part of an interdisciplinary project team.
- Familiarity with a range of programming languages, such as Python,C, MATLAB, LabView, would be advantageous as these are widely used in NPL therefore enabling the QC of different codes.
- A knowledge of Unified Modelling Language would be a benefit
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Working within a rigorous QMS
- Promoting a rigorous QMS via an evidence-based approach in research and industry setting
- Taking a leading role within a team to ensure quality standards
- Continuous improvement in a quality-based role
Please note: Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted throughout the duration of this advert therefore we may at any time bring the closing date forward. We encourage all interested applicants to apply as soon as practical.
About the Company
NPL and BEIS have strong commitments to diversity and equality of opportunity, and welcome applications from candidates irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or age, providing they meet the required criteria. Applications from women, disabled and BAME candidates in particular are encouraged. All disabled candidates (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) who satisfy the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview under the Disability Confident Scheme.
We're transforming. As a national laboratory, we're exploring even more commercial routes to market and that's presenting us with greater opportunity - for you and us. Our success relies on the diversity and talent of our people, we strive to nurture and respect individuals to ensure everyone feels valued and supported to excel in their chosen field. This value is at the core of our organisation.
We believe in a culture of fairness by treating everyone on the basis of their own individual merits and abilities regardless of their own or perceived identity, background or any other factor irrelevant to a person's work. At NPL we are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Flexible working and social activities are embedded in our culture to create a positive work-life balance, along with a broad range of benefits. NPL's values are at the heart of what we do and they shape the way we interact, develop our people and celebrate success.
As part of our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we signed up to the Institute of Physics' Project Juno in 2015 as a Juno Supporter. NPL were proud to be awarded Juno Practitioner status in 2018. NPL also joined Stonewall as a Diversity champion in 2015, participating in their annual Workplace Equality Index for the equality of LGBT+ community at NPL. In 2018, NPL became a member of the Business Disability Forum and joined the disability confident scheme as level 1 committed employer.