DevOps Engineer - Digital Engineering
DevOps Engineer - Digital Engineering
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you're encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It's important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table - so we'd love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including eg Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Digital Engineering team.
We are looking for Engineers who can work on multiple varied and exciting projects including the creation of:
- New Banks
Yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
- New Open Banking Services
We played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
- Robotic Automation Solutions
We are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning.
- New Social Networks
We recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people that can automate/optimize DevOps processes, considering themselves to be experts on CI/CD. You should know all about the challenges and requirements required to automate CI phases and Test Orchestration phases in order to be able to deliver a Continuous Delivery practice. On top of this, you will also know the basics around completing releases in a continuous manner without having service outages.
As a Capco DevOps Engineer you will;
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies;
- Expert in the Software Development Lifecycle with both a Dev and Ops mindset
- Hands on Docker experience.
- Proven experience using AWS, GCP and/or Azure with a strong understanding of AWS networking and security features and services
- Great appreciation of DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concept and techniques, including Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Understanding of application and system monitoring tools with experience of auto-healing, autoscaling and predictive monitoring
- Experienced in Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Helm.
- TDD or BDD understanding and how to enable and orchestrate the different types of tests required by the quality phase.
- Experience/understanding of Kubernetes, Istio and knowledge of related tools (Kiali, Fortio etc).
- Hands on Test Orchestration experience with Cucumber, Karate, Selenium.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.