We are currently working with an insurance business, based near Basingstoke, Hampshire, who are looking for an experienced BI Developer to help our client embark on a new strategic direction.
The successful BI Developer will receive a competitive basic salary of up to ??50,000, plus a great benefits package (including 36 days holiday, a great bonus scheme, life assurance and much more!
This business is in the midst of a large digital transformation and as they continue to transform the business with big plans for the next 5 years and are now looking to add some talent to the expanding team as they transition into a new data warehouse, to play a key role in supporting the business by providing reporting, visualisation and data management as an expert in SSRS and ideally tools such as Tableau.
This BI Developer role will be mainly remote (working from home) with the need to work from the office a couple of times a month moving forward and post-Covid.
You'll be part of an experienced team of BI Developers, working and communicating effectively with business stakeholders to understand their specific requirements, suggest solutions and then translate complex source data into meaningful and simple to understand reports, extracts or data marts
The main responsibilities and skills needed as the successful BI Developer will be (but not limited to):
- Taking time to ensure the BAU "Business As Usual" functions, such as triaging customer requests, are maintained and kept running
- You will be continuously contributing and helping to evolve and revise Development Policies, Principles, Standards and best practice, helping to develop our approach to agility and quality deliverables.
- You will need to be a confident and experienced Microsoft and Oracle database user.
- You'll have proven experience of working in a BI environment -working with database languages such as T-SQL, PLSQL, Tableau and/or Database skills including query optimization.
- You will also need the ability to wear other hats dependent on team need (analysis, test, other technologies etc.)
If this BI Developer role sounds like a good fit, please do get in touch with an updated copy of your CV and we can set up a call to then arrange interviews.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003