Data Analyst vacancy in a large public sector organisation in Coalville
??26,622 - ??29,580 including 26 days annual leave, remote working & generous benefits package
This post is subject to a DBS clearance.
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation in Coalville to recruit a Data Analyst on a permanent basis. You the successful candidate will be expected to perform statistical analysis, data mining and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, producing actionable insights and other relevant information. You will develop the use of data from reporting to predictive modelling and working closely with colleagues across the organisation to build understanding of data and systems. You will deliver powerful insights from available and new data streams that will enable the group to effectively manage its resources and meet its objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform statistical analysis, data mining and retrieval processes on a large amount of data, to identify trends, create management dashboards providing in depth insights.
- Develop raw data to gain insights from available and new data streams, in order to obtain greater knowledge of our assets, maximizing income, manage our resources and operate effective and efficient processes.
- Handle potentially incomplete data sets, clean up data to produce predictive modelling.
- Ensure robust testing pre-release of all reports and related dashboards; support and comply with change control working practices within ICT & Digital Services.
- Integrate and mashup distinctive data sets, pulling data from multiple, disparate sources to provide EMT with an at-a-glance view of the business.
- Discover new insights to assist the organisation plan, manage our resources and processes effectively, enabling the group to meet its priorities and objectives.
- In collaboration with the Data base administrator create and maintain SQL functions, procedures and reports along with supporting the SQL data views and core record systems and processes.
- Create complex reports/insights using SSRS, BI Dashboards.
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in ICT discipline or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a Data or Insights Analyst role.
- Extensive experience of working with large complex SQL datasets. Interpreting this data and cross correlating to other data sets to produce relevant executive insights and dashboards.
- Extensive experience writing complex queries in SQL as well as a background in integration of datasets and Big Data.
- Experience creating complex SQL functions and procedures.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.