Recruiting for a BI Developer to join their IT team to work either remotely, office based or a combination of the two. Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? The company is currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud (Azure) and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI (Power BI) and digital construction.
They are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join the busy in-house application services team. Although the team is Letchworth based, this role can also be done remotely. They are looking for somebody with full MS BI stack experience (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS). as well as experience with Power BI.
The key responsibilities/objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: -
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements to deliver high quality and accurate analysis to our business
- Build on our existing data platform to integrate new requirements and scale out the data platform following best practice
- To offer an holistic view of data across the entire estate and give guidance to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to application and reporting database structure when required
- Structure data models to support the analysis required by the business
- To have experience in and to understand BI products, methods and processes (preference for Power BI and SSRS or Business Objects, but not essential)
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
- Carry out all assignments and projects in a manner that adheres to and complies to application services processes
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Microsoft analytics and BI technologies across Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes, Databricks, Azure Synapse and Power BI
- Design and development of Datamodelling and data warehouses (Tabular data models)
- Design of relational database schema.
- Use of MS SQL database technologies
- Using Azure Devops in a collaborative project delivery environment utilising methodologies such as Agile (scrum).
- SQL and T-SQL development experience
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development life cycle.
- Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources.
- Working within a Matrix management structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non Technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.