Principal Analyst Developer
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Further information about Schroders can be found on the website or Schroders Talking Point.
Schroders Global Technology and Change (GTC) function is organised into a number of teams, distributedacrossSchroders' global offices, with Technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and NewYork.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology enables Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders has implemented agile working practices within Global Technology. So that this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Within the firm, the team has been tasked with building a single entry point into the firm's reporting and analytics across different reporting platforms. As part of this initiative, the team is also responsible for driving reporting efficiencies by creating reporting standards and enterprise datasets aiming to produce shareable and accepted "golden" sources of data, as well as governance framework for Power BI adoption across the organisation.
Overview of role
The principal developer will lead the build-out of MyReporting single entry point solution. Part of this role will also be focused on maintenance and simplification of the BMD platform. The role involves a good mix of green-field and mature product development providing exposure to a variety of business demands and technologies.
The role involves leading solution design, development and quality assurance processes across all aspects of the software engineering life cycle.
The person needs to maintain a good understanding of industry and technology trends to be able to identity and select the implementation of new tools, processes and technologies. The person will then use this knowledge to influence project roadmaps, collaborate with solution architecture and InfoSec teams, support the business and IT change plans.
As a lead within the team, the role will support internal training, career development plans and recruitment to ensure technical capabilities and skills are in-line with the required need. Educate and guide team members on relevant technical standards, principles, methodology and trends.
- Experienced in on a variety of platforms, primarily: Web, Mobile & Cloud (Microsoft Azure) demonstrated by implementing scalable, service-orientated and enterprise-level systems.
- Extensive experience in both front and Back End development.
- Experience of SAFe working practices is desirable
- Ability to conceptualise and lead implementation of projects, applying test driven development and continuous integration/delivery methodologies.
- Ability to create proof-of-concepts or other prototypes using a variety of technologies and platforms as required (such as Web, Mobile and Cloud).
- Proven ability to work on green-field and mature projects, ideally in a range of team and company sizes.
- Knowledge of Azure platform and available services is a plus
- Structured, organised, process driven and goal oriented
- Personable, credible, with excellent communication skills
- Experienced in the consultative style necessary to gain the trust and cooperation of non-team members and senior staff
- Ability to translate complicated technical data issues into business implications and impact to brief data owners and stakeholders
- Passionate, keen and energetic with demonstrable enthusiasm and commitment
- Receptive to others' ideas and responds constructively to challenges
- A team player
- Experienced in training and mentoring of team members to help them grow and improve their skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing environments and continue to deliver value and challenging circumstances
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and willing to work flexible hours when necessary
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.