Cloud Support Engineer (Azure Kubernetes) - London, UK
- Full Time
Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! New Signature's Managed Services Team team is growing fast and we're looking for our next Cloud Support Engineer to join us.
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Our team is full of curious and innovative thought leaders who provide outstanding customer experiences and build authentic relationships.
What impact will you have in this role?
The Cloud Support Engineer interacts with our customers and takes ownership of technical issues through to resolution, using a variety of tools and resources to gain the required knowledge, skills, and expertise.
This role will provide strategic customer roadmaps to assist Managed Services customers in fully leveraging cloud technology, making this is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to utilise and develop their Azure technical support experience. This person will also help influence the strategic direction of Azure Kubernetes (AKS) service development working with Service Owner on service roadmap evolution, maximizing on the technology capabilities and service value distribution.
This is a busy environment supporting users across several key clients and therefore, suited to people who want to enhance their 3rd line skillsets.
*Shift pattern applies, and individuals will be required to be on call, outside of office hours, from time to time
*London based role
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Fulfil incoming incidents and requests (post service desk escalation), assisting customers and stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform technical problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Troubleshoot or crisis-manages customer technical issues
- Assess, analyse and make technical recommendations to improve customer supported systems.
- Perform system configuration changes/updates based on recommendations and best practice.
- Perform scheduled system maintenances as required.
- Ensure customers are always well informed
- Perform customer follow-ups to gather further information to drive issues through to resolution
- Ensure tracking and knowledge base systems are kept up to date
- Follow support and business processes accurately with attention to detail. Proactively look for opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of New Signature's services.
What type of experience do you need to be successful in this role?
The ideal candidate/s will have recently been involved with early life and daily support of Linux & Windows services within Azure Infrastructure, particularly around Infrastructure Support (IaaS, PaaS), Azure Kubernetes, Event Management, Patching, Backups, general Virtual Machine and OS troubleshooting.
- Working with scripts
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Server
- Experience of working in a busy IT department
- Able to work with networked/distributed computing environment concept
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Exceptional customer service skills, particularly the ability to empathise and follow through tasks to ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent organisation to ensure that many concurrent incidents are all being taken care of in a timely manner
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate well internally when escalating tasks and helping them to understand the business impact and urgency of an incident
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
What education and certification credentials are needed for this role?
- A-level or equivalent qualification ideally in an IT related discipline
- University Degree (desirable)
- RedHat (RHCE/RHCSA) & Azure Certification AZ-104 (desirable)
- Windows Server Certification (optional)
- All employees must act in accordance with New Signature's corporate security standard
- Security clearance will be required
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full life cycle solutions-from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015-becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.