Deskside Service Manager
Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! New Signature's Managed Services Team team is growing fast and we're looking for our next Deskside Service Manager to join us.
This a newly created role due to our continued, successful growth globally. This role will require prior experience in a Deskside Services Manager position, and a desire to deliver exceptional support with a strong focus on continual service improvements.
What impact will you have in this role?
The Deskside Services Manager will manage a team of New Signature Support Engineers to resolve technical issues through to resolution, fulfil service requests and place emphasis on issue prevention rather than resolution. The ideal candidates will have recently been involved with early life and daily support of Office 365 and will understand how to build strong customer partnerships based on trust and technical respect.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Ownership for the delivery of stable and consistent support services with the responsibility for Incident and Service Request resolution within specified SLA/SLO/OLA and where required review SLA breaches as part of CSI process and act as the nominated Incident Manager in the event of Critical or Major Incident(s).
- Support team leadership and management, including driving team engagement, employee 1:1s and appraisals, KPI and objective setting, employee growth and development, mentoring and general day to day employee support.
- Building relationships with third-party suppliers, ensuring key service level agreements and KPIs are achieved alongside side integration process adherence, specifically with regards hardware procurement.
- Perform regular quality assurance on tickets and calls to ensure business defined process and procedures are followed with quality and consistency in mind.
- Ongoing continual service improvement responsibility to improve the efficiency and quality of the support team's skills, knowledge, processes and tools,
- Responsibility for staff scheduling and team capacity to ensure adequate level of resources within the team, both in terms of numbers and skills during business hours and on-call support as needed. Provide Capacity plans to address this.
- Act as a point of escalation to customer and internal staff including internal and external stakeholder management, ensuring any issues are resolved within a timely matter to ensure continued customer satisfaction.
- Supporting monthly management reports
- Respond and address CSAT surveys results related to Support services.
- Build and maintain a central source of information enabling Help Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
- Responsible for Problem Management, invoking problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery, isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
What type of experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- 5 + years direct work experience in managing a collaborative support team operating in Microsoft environments for end users and/or MSP experience.
- Creating and maintaining user self-help documentation, technical documentation and procedural documentation
- Experience in Asset Management and Procurement. Manage IT assets through asset tracking tools. Jointly work with team members to ensure asset accountability and processes are being followed properly and accurately. Work collaboratively with Global Procurement Prime contractor's on asset management and hardware deployment and selections.
- Experience in building and maintaining good client relationships and client confidence.
- Experience in Continual Service Improvements, ability to share ideas for improvement of processes and tooling.
- Schedule and supervise on-site service calls with service providers and vendors.
- Exceptional customer service skills, particularly the ability to empathize and follow through tasks to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Excellent organization to ensure that many concurrent incidents are all being taken care of in a timely manner,
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities.
What education, certification and technical credentials are needed for this role?
- A-level or equivalent qualification ideally in an IT related discipline
- University Degree (desirable)
- ITIL Foundation (minimum level required)
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- MD-100 or MD-101 Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Proven ITIL experience, qualification preferred
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of:
- Windows Desktop applications; various operating systems such as Windows 7 and 8; Windows 10 as well as Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012R2 are a plus.
- software applications and basic desktop hardware, troubleshooting and training.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
- Hands on experience deploying, configuring and administering Microsoft Intune in a large organization
- Microsoft Office, Office 365, and common productivity applications
- Principles and terminology of networking on the Layer 1 and 2 side
- Experience and knowledge of performing installations, repairs, upgrades and/or imaging for laptops, desktops, provide basic end user training; peripheral components and other equipment as required.
- Expertise to provide recommendations and coordinate technology-related purchases for end-users and business units.
Does the role require travel?
We encourage our team members to meet with our customers in person for at least 20% of the time they are working together. Sometimes this requires travel outside of normal working hours.
All employees must act in accordance with New Signature's corporate security standards.
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full life cycle solutions-from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015-becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.