C#.NetCore Senior Developer. Build a new ERP from scratch
A superb opportunity for an aspiring C# .NetCore developer to step into a senior position where the client is building a greenfield ERP bespoke system, from scratch, with MS technologies all in a serverless architecture.
The client is embarking on an exciting and groundbreaking project where they are replacing their existing Legacy ERP system and building a new greenfield system from scratch.
This is a chance to build with serverless architecture and deploy into the cloud whilst utilising and exploring .NetCore.
You will be working alongside an experienced Architect, developer and leader who is looking for a developer to become his most senior colleague.
To be the Senior Back End Developer & Engineer of a new generation web-based custom ERP system to replace the Legacy version in use across multiple business units. The challenge of the team is to produce an up to date, web-based application, that is fit for purpose, fully documented, and architected so it can continue to be developed and supported for the future.
* Participate in project feature scoping in conjunction with the existing development team and IT Manager
* Work as part of a team on implementing the new system
* Confidence to research and tackle, difficult and complex, software engineering problems solo
* Technically advanced hands-on development
* Keep abreast with new relevant technologies and advocate them as needed
* Provide technical guidance on the technologies, design patterns, and skillsets used to other team members
* Assist end users with testing, and general issue investigation with bug-fixing
* Deliver and deploy software updates to test and live systems, together with essential DevOps support both pre- and post-go-live
* Provide third-line support as necessary
* Manage data migration between the old and new systems.
Key Skills and Competences:
* Minimum of five years' experience in professional hands-on C# Back End development
* Extensive hands-on knowledge of .NET Core 2.1+ (ideally 3.1/5) together with the underlying ecosystems
* Familiarity with OO Design principles and SOLID Principles
* Experience of developing and integrating 1st and 3rd party API integration, Data Integration, Web Services, Systems
* A strong preference for TDD, BDD
* Working with and developing NuGet packages
* Hands-on development experience of commercial level Serverless and/or Microservices Architecture
* Strong appreciation of clean code and modern-day development improvements
* Possess expertise in:
o Use of cloud technologies,
o Event driven design
o Eventual Consistency
o Code First development
o SQL and NoSQL
* Experience with advanced Azure services/features including but not limited to: Azure Functions, App Service, Application Insights, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Kubernetes (and Docker), Azure Service Fabric, Event Grid, etc.
In return you will be offered a superb salary and package and the chance to lead on such a unique project.
Flexible and remote working is available. The client is keen to hire ASAP. CVs under review now! All industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply.