Policy Officer PSC/E9h
Grade K £36,316 per annum
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent Full Time 37 hours per week
Closing Date 28 February 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Policy Officer in our economic policy team within the Policy, Strategy and Communications Directorate. You will contribute to the development of policy across the agendas of business growth, innovation and resilience, following the successful promotion of the current postholder.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Head of Business Growth and Resilience Policy, your key responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in a range of policy and strategy development across business growth, innovation and resilience agendas, including on COVID-19 economic recovery, long term productivity and post-EU transition.
- Providing policy support to the Combined Authority’s business support and trade and inward investment teams within the economic services directorate
- Leading on an EU Interreg funded project
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- be educated to degree level and/or have direct and demonstrable experience in using evidence to develop and drive strategic public policy, with a clear ability to apply this to this role.
- Direct experience in developing or advising on public policy on business facing agendas or similar transferable experience.
- You will also have a willingness to work flexibly across our policy agenda as required.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card (currently under review)
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role, please click the Apply button now and upload your CV to our online application tool telling us why you would be a great fit for our role by 11:55pm on 28 February 2021.
For further information about the role, please contact Alex Clarke on 01133481061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.