LGV Class 1 & Class 2 Drivers
6 days left
- Full Time
LGV Class 1 & Class 2 Drivers (Bedford Depot) (x20)-(Multi Drop)
This is an exciting opportunity that A.F. Blakemore are recruiting for, in preparation for the opening of their brand new, purpose built multi temperature depot in Bedford.
We are looking for experienced LGV Class 1 & LGV Class 2 Drivers (20 positions), who are motivated, friendly, hard-working and passionate. The key purpose of this role is accurate and efficient delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with company procedures and standards. The planning and control of customer deliveries as required.
A.F. Blakemore's new Bedford depot is the largest investment made by the family run company. Boasting a size of 160,000sq feet, multi temperature, serving the companies large customer base, built with innovation and the future in mind.
The site will have new lithium Ion Fork lift & picking trucks, mixture of Mercedes and Scania HGV’s (Class 1 & 2) to be used by the circa 230 colleagues.
Sustainability has always been a focus for the company, and the Bedford depot is no different, solar panels and rainwater harvesting along with supporting staff to enable them to cycle to work.
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. We are committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity.
- Shop deliveries / Hand ball / Multi Drop
- Use of PDA and body Camera
- Ensuring that all vehicles driven comply with traffic regulations currently in force
- Adhering to current regulations regarding the number of hours worked and the use of tachographs
- Prompt reporting of refrigeration engine defects to management
- Prompt reporting of all accidents to the company and accidents reportable by law to the police
- Accurate and safe delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with delivery schedules
- Obtaining authorisation to return goods and the accurate checking / collecting of goods to be returned
- Promptly notifying the company of any delays which will affect the completion of the day’s work
- Establishing a friendly and courteous relationship with customers and dealing effectively with queries
If you have the desire to work, with drive and determination, then this could be the role for you!
Vacancy: LGV Class 1 & Class 2 Drivers (Bedford Depot) (x20)-(Multi Drop)
Salary: Class 1= £13.21 p/h, Class2 = £12.61 p/h
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time - Various shifts available including: Days, Afternoons & Nights, Shifts to include weekend work.
Interested? Click Apply now!