Forum Business Media Ltd is a small, friendly and rapidly growing B2B subscription publisher and professional training company based in Twickenham. Its magazines and other information publications (both print and digital), together with its range of conferences, seminars and digital professional training widely used by schools, care homes, charities, Early Years settings and dentists, among others. FBM is the UK subsidiary of the international Forum Media
Job description – Events Manager, FBM
Events Manager Primary aims:
- To develop and deliver profitable live and digital training products in new and existing markets
- To develop new live and digital training products types
- To research new topic areas, competitors and current developments to identify potential for professional training, working closely with publishing colleagues.
- To conduct detailed research to develop current and detailed training programmes.
- To attend relevant industry events to obtain contacts and ideas.
- To source new technology to deliver digital professional training
- To work closely with marketing and sales to develop and deliver high level effective, accurate marketing copy and marketing plans.
- To identify potential advertisers and sponsors for events and communicating these to sales.
- To keep websites and social media up-to-date and accurate.
- To identify and secure relevant key speakers and authors, obtaining notes and organising delegate pack printing within the relevant deadlines.
- To obtain and analyse feedback from delegates and communicating where relevant to speakers and venues.
- To on-site manage events both in London and nationally
- To manage and deliver of digital training programmes.
- To scrupulously handle administration necessary to deliver top quality professional training.
- To take orders and assist customers wherever necessary
- To stick to budget and taking responsibility for profitability of all products.
- To ensure that for all expenditure, quotations are obtained where necessary; purchase orders allocated and incoming invoices are checked and processed according to company procedures.
- To assist with financial reporting as required
- To submit final profit calculations for events to the Assistant Managing Director.
Events Manager General:
- To organise your work in an efficient manner, developing appropriate systems and procedures.
- To deal with customer queries and subject-related correspondence as required.
- To assist the Managing Director/Assistant Managing Director with any reasonable tasks as required
- Any agreements with third parties that are binding for the company require prior approval by the Managing Director.
Events Manager Required skills/experience:
- Degree-calibre candidate.
- Excellent speaking, listening and writing skills and good eye for detail.
- Bright, enthusiastic, confident and a fast learner
- Highly organised and logical, able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and several simultaneous projects and priorities efficiently, to work under pressure, meet deadlines and see projects through.
- Able to think logically and enjoy working with numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and motivate colleagues, sponsors/advertisers nd customers, and negotiate with suppliers.
Other information about the role
- Salary is dependent upon experience with commission, along with 26 days of holiday, childcare vouchers and free eye tests.
- The job is full-time and mainly office-based (Twickenham office), though with regular travel to events, with the possibility of travel/training elsewhere in Europe within the group.
- You must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
If you would like to be considered for this Events Manager role then please click APPLY below.